Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Tate Modern (Date spot review)



Tate Modern


http://www.tate.org.uk
Call +44 (0)20 7887 8888 
Bankside
London SE1 9TG
United Kingdom

It was my first date with a guy I'd met on a dating website, and we'd spoken via text. I asked him to plan the entire date, and he was happy to. He told me to meet him at Southwark Station, and then we could take a walk to the Tate Modern.

It was about a 10 min walk from both Southwark and London Bridge Station, along the river and right opposite St Paul's Cathederal. I am very comfortable walking in heels, but if youre not, it may be best to walk in flats.

I cant say that "into" modern art. I dont know much about what is going on, and I cant always "read into" the connotations of a slash in a sheet of canvas, or a host of metal coils dangling from the ceiling. However, I didnt let that get in the way of my fun! We chatted about what we thought each piece of art could mean, then compared it to its actual meaning, and spent most of the time chatting away about our general likes and dislikes.

When we decided we'd had enough, he led me up to the 6th floor, where there is a darling bar. I didnt even know it was there! They have stools that face a window, giving you a view of the river and St Pauls.

I had two cocktails, and my date had a beer and then a glass off rum. It was comfortable and ever so fancy, with the option of dining at the restaurant. We were the until about 11pm, chatting away and enjoying a nice, casual evening.


Pros

  • Free to enter
  • Food and drinks available in the bar


Cons

  • Drinks were on the pricey side (cocktails typically £9)
  • Lots of walking involved

Great Date for?
  • Good first date- get to know each others likes and dislikes
  • Something different

Cost





Although it was free to enter, the food and drinks were rather pricey.


Romance rating





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...